Join Our Mailing List Page: click here to submit the form.
OUR GCA NEWSLETTER Page now contains previous GCA Round-Up E-News which is sent each week on Thursday Morning. If you are interested in what is going on in the Groveton area, please join our mailing list!
GCA CLEANUP DAYS: 1st Saturday in May and 1st Saturday in October
GCA Calendar - Next meeting June 3, 2013 meeting with Officer Greg Kottemann and FC Bike Patrol.
HISTORY CAMPS for CHILDREN - Huntley Meadows Park and Historic Huntley Flyer
Sign up for exciting camps this summer: DIG IT! Archaeology Camp, Tracks and Traces and Modern Historian. Dig it! for children ages 12-14 July 15-July 19. Tracks and Traces children ages 8-12 2 sessions: July 29-Aug 2 and Aug 26-Aug 30. The Modern Historian children ages 15-18 Aug 12-Aug 16. For more info: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/huntley-meadows-park/calendar.htm
May 21, 2013 4:00 - 7:00 pm FOCUS ON GROVETON at Beacon of Groveton.
Come tour this new mixed-use development at 6870 Richmond Hwy. Appetizers from local restaurants will be served. Free and open to the public. RSVP - firstname.lastname@example.org
National Night Out (NNO) August 6, 2013 for more information: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/nno/
What is National Night Out?
• Annual neighborhood-based crime and drug prevention event
• Opportunity to show neighborhood spirit and strengthen partnerships with local police
• Demonstrates neighborhood commitment to fight crime
• Observed in thousands of communities in all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases around the world
What happens that night?
• Between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. neighbors, friends and families lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside together.
• Special events, anticrime rallies, activities for children.
• Police officers visit with as many neighborhood gatherings as possible.
• Create a flyer for the event. Check fairfaxcounty website referenced above.
How can I get involved?
• Get out there and enjoy!
• Offer to help support your neighborhood block party, cookout or other planned event
• Volunteer to organize an event or gathering if none is planned in your neighborhood
• Print and fill out a registration form for your community event. Check fairfaxcounty website referenced above.
Call or e-mail a crime prevention officer at your district police station for more information about registering a National Night Out 2012 event in your neighborhood. For Groveton area: Mount Vernon District Station: Greg Kottemann, 703-360-8400
SFDC Way Faring Signs for Groveton, Hybla Valley and Penn Daw are installed.
Home page has the Groveton sign. The Groveton/Hybla Valley signs are located on the west sign of Route 1 south of Holly Hill Road in front of Order of Elks Lodge. The Groveton/Penn Daw signs are located in the center island of Route 1 north of Groveton Baptist Church and Target (across from Rosita's Rest. and Hunting Walk Condos).